Saturday, November 17, 2012

Let's Be Thankful!

I did it!!  I ordered my Christmas card a few days ago and received it today!!  Whew... that took some time, patience, a little bribing, and several hours picking out just the right card.  you busy moms, busy career people, busy grand moms understand the feeling of taking the picture, picking out a card you like, making sure the picture works with the card you like, ordering and bam - you're done!  I ordered from Tiny Prints this year and saved over $50.00 because they're having a sale right now.  Woo hoo!  I want to shout it from the rooftops.

Thanksgiving - a time for giving thanks....I love this holiday.  We spend it up at the farm and it's truly like something you see in a movie - kids frolicking everywhere, laughter coming from every which way, the smell of hot spiced tea coming from the kitchen, horses, roosters, dogs, falling leaves, barns, stables, tractors, 4 wheelers... I just love it and look forward to our 3 day get-away every year!  Play hard - sleep well....Now THAT is the perfect recipe, isn't it?

Anyway, I inherited my dad's emotional palate, so to say.  I constantly get choked up - over happy things, sad things - doesn't matter - it all resonates with me and I FEEL some sort of emotion about everything.  Right now, this season, I am filled with the desire to let my loved ones know how thankful I am for them.  When is the last time you hand wrote a note to tell your mom or your cousin or your sister how much you love them?  I know it has been a while for me.  Then something comes along like a death or some sort of near death accident or something like that, that makes you wish you had said what was on your heart before it was too late.  I'm here to ask - Why wait?

My goal for the next week is to write 3 notes a day for 5 days and send them out in US Mail.  In this day and age of computers and email, Facebook, Twitter, etc., we rarely write anything by hand anymore... how nice will it be for your loved ones to open their mailbox to find a letter from you - and perhaps a hand drawn picture from your kids...

Are you with me?  Ready, set, write!

No comments: