Friday, December 16, 2011

While my cup of coffee was being filled by my coffee maker, I was checking the latest postings on http://www.pinterest.com/.  I heard noise that I couldn't quite place - I knew it was coming from outside so I walked over to the window to find hundreds of birds up in the tree, all chirping at once.  I wish I had a way to record the sound so that I could include a little soundbite in this post.  I watched them fly from one tree to another and then back again - all chirping as loudly as they could.  It was a beautiful sound - so joyful and fun to see.  Brooke thought that the whole scene was amazing - she pointed and smiled.  What a fun way to start the morning.  Here is a picture!





Now that I think about it, I sure hope the birds weren't in distress!  Leave it to me to feel joy and happiness amongst a bunch of birds in distress because I didn't realize that all that chirping wasn't actually happiness.  I woke up today in a joyful mood- went on a run with Debbie and it was wonderful - the temperature was unseasonably warm.  People on the radio were complaining about the warm temperature and how it doesn't feel like the holidays.  And while I would probably prefer a little nip in the air, I feel like we have a choice - we can either complain about how we WISH something to be OR we can make the most of what it is.  And I'm choosing to make the most of what it is.  We actually sweat this morning while running and I ran most of the time in my tank top!  How wonderful!  Brooke also spent the better part of the morning outside - without a jacket!  These are wonderful positives of warm weather in December!

Lewis, our elf, has been up to his regular mischief.  We bought some misteltoe a few nights ago from a couple of 8 year old entrepreneurs.  We didn't know where we were going to hang it and so it laid on the counter all night.  We woke up to Lewis, the mistletoe and a strip of red velvet ribbon on the molding in between the kitchen and den!


I get kisses all day long now because this is a well traveled area.

This morning on our way out to the car to go to school, we spotted Lewis inside one of the pool floats holding a bag that had some treats in it.  The boys were delighted!



At least once a year, Lewis shows up on a Saturday morning with munchkins from Dunkin Donuts.  Hmm.... maybe tomrrow?  I remember the time when the boys woke up to find Matt's truck parked in our front yard with Lewis at the wheel.  The car was filled with empty soda cans and candy wrappers.  The kids could NOT believe it!!!  That one goes down as one of our all time favorites (I think Matt and I may have been to a party the night before; otherwise, I'm not sure we would have done that).

The boys and I are going to make ornaments this afternoon - out of flour, salt and water.  If all goes well, I'll share our experience soon- I'm hoping to get Brooke's handprint and Sandy's pawprint. 

So, my focus is on the POSITIVE at this time.  It sure is a happy place to be.  Kids are out until January!  We're hoping to stay busy, relax and enjoy time together!