Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Checking In!

This month has proved to be a very busy one.  Between the upswing in volume at work, the kids' schedules, preparing for our move, and the stomach bug, I've barely had time for anything else!  I have some great gift ideas for Valentine's Day to share, so that's coming!  Patagonia's annual 30% off sale is going on from January 25-30 - stop in or shop online and buy some gifts for next year!  How happy will you be when December rolls around and you already have several gifts ready to be wrapped?

More on gifts soon.  Didn't want you to think that I've stopped blogging!  I've got plans to share some jewelry with you as well as a recipe for homemade laundry detergent...fun stuff!

I'll leave you with this mental picture.  I was at the doctor yesterday with Brooke, checking out.  I was thinking about how annoyed I was that I drove all the way down to Piedmont to find that her rash was just a virus and couldn't be treated.  I always find great satisfaction when I go to the doctor to find that the trip down there was worth it because it truly was something like an ear infection or strep - walking out with a prescription in hand is always satisfying for me.  Not yesterday.  I wanted a reason for her middle of the night awakenings and fussy behavior, but he couldn't give me one.  Anyway, between thinking about that and gazing at the waiting room, I wasn't paying attention to sweet little Brooke who was playing with the pack of gum I handed her in the examination room just minutes earlier.  Someone behind me in line tapped my shoulder and said, "Excuse me, is it okay with you that your daughter is chewing gum?" 

WHAT?!

I snapped out of la-la land and grabbed the gum before she put it in her mouth. :).  Nothing like feeling like a neglective mother!  I was embarassed but am now laughing at msyelf (and thankful that the nice mom behind me stopped the potential disaster). 

I'm off to watch the remaining minutes of one of the best movies I've seen in a while, "The King's Speech," and then catch some shut eye. 

No comments: