Friday, January 27, 2012

Gift Ideas - Valentine's Day!



Valentine's Day is coming up and I always like to have a little something for my kids - something small that says, "I love you and you are special to us!"  Valentine's Day also happens to be Matthew's birthday.  He will be 11 this year, which is amazing in and of itself.  Where did the time go?  It seems, in ways, that he was born yesterday.  He didn't have school on Wednesday, so we enjoyed some Matthew/Mom time.  He wanted to go bowling, so we went to Midtown Bowl and spent 45 minutes competing with each other.  We finished that off with some arcade time.  Have I mentioned yet that I have a major addiction to Pac Man?  If I could find a local competition, I would totally enter it.  I logged many hours back in the 80's, and folks, I haven't lost it!  I think I broke a sweat at the bowling alley playing it.  Not sure if Matthew was impressed or embarassed.... 

Midtown Bowl was a blast!  It opens at 9 AM during the week and we were the ONLY people there!  For $20.00, we bowled almost 3 games in 45 minutes.  Perhaps because we were the ONLY patrons, I felt comfortable exaggerating my super smooth bowling moves - enjoyed making Matthew laugh....   Well, I woke up the next day and felt like I had aged 30 years - stiff and sore!  It was fun, though.  I really enjoyed having some one on one time with him.  When you have more than one child, it's fun to do that from time to time.  Matthew felt so special - and he got to pick our activities.  We ended our time at the Wing Factory, and we got to talk, and he shared so much with me - I don't get that all the time because when all the kids are present, it's go-go-go....So, I'm going to make a commitment to making sure I get some one-on-one time with the kids as frequently as I can!

I wanted to share some fun gift ideas with you.  I think it's fun to have a little something on the kitchen table when the kids come down for breakfast on Valentine's Day morning.  For my boys, this could be a new shirt wrapped up with a bow.  (Patagonia is having their annual 30% off sale between the days of January 25-30.  For those of you who are planners, go ahead and pick up next year's Christmas gifts!  Why wait and pay full price for a new Patagonia jacket when you can buy one now at 30% off and tuck it away for Christmas?!!).  They have great t-shirts and hats - for adults and kids - which may be a fun gift to receive on Valentine's Day.

Of course, candy is always fun, and the Fresh Market has really cute Valentine's Day candy.  You can't miss the display as you walk into the store.

And if you don't have time to look around for something, pick up a $15.00 gift card to Learning Express, Target, or AMC Movie Theater....How fun would it be to have a gift card wrapped up with a pack of fun pencils or pens?

How about a pack of mini "fat-heads" from Dicks or Sports Authority?  They cost $10.00 for a pack of 5, and the boys love to put them on their binders, walls and trade them for others.  

Kids LOVE the school store.  I know my boys would be DELIGHTED to find $5.00 tied up with a ribbon and a little card that says, "To use at the school store...."
________________________________________

JEWELRY IDEAS

For those of you who have girls - I have the perfect gift for you!  Check out these adorable little sterling silver hearts for $20.00!  Wrapped up in a cute box with a bow, your daughter would love them!
OR, for those of you who are shopping early for Christmas or birthdays go ahead and buy for these occasions!  All orders must be in by Wednesday, February 1, for delivery the following the week.


$20.00/pair (sterling silver)

And check out these INCREDIBLE looking bracelets!  They are $25.00/bracelet, but if you buy 3 or more, save $10.00!  Buy a couple for yourself, teachers, your sister, mom, etc. 

$25.00/bracelet (specify leather & turquoise or leather & crystal bead)

The items on the side (earrings and bracelet) are always available, too!

Please email me by next Wednesday, February 1, to place your order!

(P.S. - Spell Check is not responding, so my apologies for any spelling errors!)

No comments: