Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day and Brooke's New Clothes

I'm thinking about Tuesday and Valentine's Day, which also happens to be Matthew's 11th birthday.  The pressure is off for Matt and me because we decided long ago that we'd make this holiday all about the kids. 
I stopped by Learning Express today and picked up a couple things for the kids - nothing big - but they wrapped it up and I was out of there for $30.00 with gifts for all three of my chickens.  I have a little plastic Valentine's Day table cloth, so after they go to bed on Monday night, I'm going to set the breakfast table - plates, forks, wine glasses for orange juice, maybe even a candle... I've decided that I'm going to make pancakes and color them red with food coloring - maybe add some chocolate chips.

Then we'll commence later on Tuesday to celebrate Matthew's birthday.  Unfortunately, because our baseball schedule was not nailed down until late last week, I did not make a reservation WAY in advance (I'm just not that "together" to pull that off), so we'll probably end up eating at home.  Not sure yet what his birthday fare will include, but it'll be his choice (pizza, I'm guessing?).

So, I went shopping for Brooke this weekend.  What fun this was.  My goodness - it's more fun than shopping for myself (not that I enjoy that very much at all) - it's shopping without the hassle of having to try things on.  It was SO FUN!  Of course, I was wishing that my wallet was bottomless -  I sure saw some ADORABLE smocked dresses and outfits that exceeded $100.00 - but I just can't come to terms with spending that much on a baby item. 

Check out her new outfit.  It's comfy and cute - I just love it! 



I picked out a VERY frilly spring/summer outfit (this was a stretch for me as I am a jeans and a t-shirt kind of a gal) that I cannot WAIT to see her wear.  Seriously...who knew this girl stuff would be so much fun?!! 

The boys and I had an outing this morning and Matt and Brooke had a father-daughter morning.  I got a text from Matt with this picture:



And the text said, "Shopping makes Brooke sleepy."  They went to Dicks and bought her first pair of Nikes.  We've been talking about her first pair of Nikes since she was born!  So fun - Daddy is very proud :).

All that fun shopping - cute outfits, some cool new kicks - and we get home and the boys want to put her in Champ's basketball jersey :). 




Are you thinking E.T.?  Seeing her in this jersey reminded me of E.T. when they dressed him up.  

This week will be all about packing up, baseball, birthday and studying for tests.  I thought that my days of stressing about tests and projects were over.  I thought that when I graduated from college, I was done stressing about these things.  Not so.  I am reliving my youth through my boys... it's all so much, isn't it?  Keeping up with their test schedules, quizzes, homework, agendas, projects... it's enough to make a perfectly sane person go MAD!  I'm trying to come up with a better system for staying on top of it all.  If you have any ideas, please use the comment feature at the bottom of this post (I think I finally got this feature up and running!).

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: