Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Favorite 9/21/2012 - Custom Men's Clothing

Happy Friday! 


As you know, we moved into our current house back in February - right when baseball season was starting, basketball was ending, Spring Break was upon us, boys in two different schools - I was toying with the idea of going back to work full time... it was a busy season for the Davis family.  Fast forward a few months and we are settled and absolutely loving our neighborhood (and I decided not to go back full time).  Everything from the location to living on a culde sac to the tons of kids in the neighborhood to our great neighbors has made us just fall in love with where we are. 

I have really enjoyed getting to know my neighbor, Kyle, who lives just two doors over.  She has two girls and our kids get along really well!  In fact, her youngest is just a few months older than Brooke and I'm excited and thankful that Brooke can grow up with her daughter being that Brooke's siblings are so much older.  It'll be nice for her to have someone around who is close to her own age! 

Kyle mentioned to me several months ago that she sells custom men's clothing.  I'm always a little hesitant about buying anything that a friend/family member sells because the last thing I want to feel is pressured to buy something, especially when I see the person often.  Never once asking us if she could come over and give us her spiel, it was actually me who sought her out and asked her if she could come over and show us her product because Matt was in the market for a new pair of pants and shirt. 

Let me tell you a little bit about how different our consumer habits are - me and my husband.  They say opposites attract and let's just say that Matt and I are on different ends of the spectrum.  I could happily shop the rest of my life at my two favorite stores (TJ and M) and be perfectly happy, but Matt is a higher end kind of a guy.  He likes nice things (which can be pretty pricy!)!  He has found that it's financially better, in some cases, to buy custom dress clothes because by the time he buys something off the rack and alters it, his expenditures are about the same. 
I'm getting long winded here - sorry.  (must be the wine talking).  One evening, Kyle came over and told Matt all about her line, J. Hilburn.  She took a few measurements and Matt ended up buying a pair of pants and a dress shirt.  He has been buying custom clothing for a few years and was really impressed with the quality of the fabric, seams, cuts, feel, etc. of THIS line.  And the part that I like the best??  Now, when I need to buy him a gift for his birthday or Christmas, I can just give her a call and pick something out!  She already has his measurements so the ordering is so easy!   

That said, Fall is here (officially today!) and J. Hilburn, a 5 year old men's custom clothing company,  is offering some really great pre-season pricing for the month of September (which is almost gone!).  This clothing line uses high, high quality fabrics from the same mills that Burberry, Armani and Zanela use.  How cool is that?  J. Hilburn has even been voted #1 custom shirt by Esquire Magazine!

So, Kyle is offering FREE SHIPPING and $20.00 off of your first order (order must be over $100).  You can email Kyle Kurtz directly at kyle.kurtz@jhilburnpartner.com or call her on her cell, 404-625-5524. 

Call her - she'll work with your/your husband's schedule - she will come to your house - take a few measurements and then you can order ONE shirt or you can order one of everything.  C'mon ladies - you know how good you feel when you put on a snazzy new outfit - treat your man to a pair of pants that fit him perfectly and a nice shirt that is all his own!  I encourage you to reach out to her - she's really professional, knows everything there is to know about the line, and she won't pressure you in the least. 







 

No comments: