Friday, October 7, 2011

Farm Fun

Last week we went to the Farm for a few hours.  It was a few hours of fresh air, beautiful blue sky, and freedom - freedom to roam without regard to phone calls, internet, noise from traffic, cars, etc.  The boys fished, shot their guns, rode the 4-wheeler, nuzzled up with some horses and just ran.... It was wonderful to spend a few hours away from the hustle and bustle of life as we know it in the city.  Brooke took a nap and I spent an hour with my REAL SIMPLE and SOUTHERN LIVING magazines.  I can't wait to share with you some recipes! 

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite pictures.  I love this picture of Brooke.  She was entertained all afternoon by nature's offerings - pinestraw, rocks, birds flying around - and here she is looking at something in the distance while holding a piece of pinestraw.

This next picture makes me smile and say, "Thank you, God!"  I'm just in love with my three kids.  I can't believe I HAVE three kids!  What a gift they are - individually and collectively :). 

It's hard to resist taking pictures of little people!  I mean, I think my boys are cute and everything but there's something about babies.... mmm mmmmm.  They're just delicious!