Friday, October 21, 2011

Jesus Calling


Happy Friday - and what a gorgeous Friday we have been blessed with! 

So, I read the Halloween story to Champ's class - and I brought peeled grapes ("eyeballs"), ice filled latex gloves ("dead hand") and spaghetti ("brains") - seemed to be a big hit in the classroom this afternoon.  And I don't think any of the kids were scared - they seemed to really enjoy it! 

I wanted to tell you about a very special book that my dear friends, Jessica and Debbie, gave me while I was in the hospital shortly after I delivered Brooke.  They gave me Jesus Calling, a daily devotional that references a verse everyday and is written as if God Himself is speaking to you.  It has been amazing for me.  It references a verse each day and takes less than a minute to read.  It really puts my heart and mind in the right place from the moment I read it, on. 



I had dinner with three friends the other night and decided I would give each one of them Jesus Calling, and I attached one of the macrame bracelets to it.  It made such a lovely gift!  If you're looking for something special to give someone for the holidays, this is it! 


I found Jesus Calling at Barnes and Noble for $14.99, and the bracelet at $22.00 made a lovely gift for less than $40.00!  Sarah Young, the author, has written a Jesus Calling for kids, which is equally as amazing. 

I plan to take a lot of pictures this weekend as the weather is supposed to be gorgeous.  I anticipate spending a lot of time outside with the kids.  Here are a few that I took of Brooke at the beginning of the week! I just love taking pictures of her because she's too young to pose and candids are my favorite, anyway! 






Enjoy your weekend!