Friday, October 7, 2011

Fruit 66 - healthy "soda-like" drink

Several months ago, I stumbled upon these cute little drinks at Publix.  Called Fruit 66, they are 8 ounce cans of 100% fruit juice mixed with 2 ounces of sparkling  water.  One can contains 100% daily value of Vitamin C and has no added sugars, artificial flavors or colors.  It is gluten, caffeine and preservative free.  Oh - and no High Fructose Corn Syrup, either!  It's the perfect size drink for my kids - it comes in a variety of flavors and today, Publix is selling them 2 for $1.00! 
The manager at my Publix (Chastain Square) pointed out to me that in the middle of each isle is a "healthy" shelf.  The shelving unit protrudes outward just a bit and has healthier food on it.  This is where I stumbled upon these Fruit 66 drinks. 

Check out Champ below who can hold a Fruit 66 perfectly - cast and all! 

My kids LOVE this drink - it gives them the same satisfaction that a regular soda does....but this is actually healthy!